Sunday 15 March 2009

Fresh from the oven











































After last week's first attempt at baking bread, and feeling really good about it (especially since four loaves of rosemary & olive ciabatta are more than enough for a week of homemade lunch sandwiches), I have decided to stop, umm...i mean cut down on, making indulgent, i-can-die-and-go-to-heaven sugary cakes. Instead, I'm turning bored Sundays into days that are filled with the smell of freshly baked bread and muffins that are just as good to eat as they are for putting a zesty spring in my step.

While waiting for the arrival of a newly ordered bread book, I chanced upon this recipe for cranberry and orange muffins that ooze with goodness. Mixing together seeds and berries, I felt like I was baking for birds. The end result, even with an oven that is constantly at 200 degree celsius from the turn of the knob (or whichever way you turn it), was still brilliant. I now have guilt-free breakfast muffins for work. Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment